Used for hiring
Experience working in a development environment like Oracle SQL Developer
A good understanding of Bash or Windows batch scripts
Hands-on-experience with production databases
Experience with reporting and business intelligence tools like MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SAP Crystal Reports
MySQL Developer Assessment
You can test a candidate on the following areas to assess their proficiency in MySQL:
- Constructing, maintaining, and testing databases
- Modifying databases
- Creating reports for databases and customizing them for specific needs.
- Modelling databases and executing RDBMS concepts
How this test helps with hiring MySQL candidates
Steps to assess MySQL Developers
Create a test
Add questions to assess MySQL skills
Send invites to candidates
Evaluate the report
Common types of assessments used by our top customers
MySQL tables, data types, indexes, and views
data handling and error handling
“Based on the following tables, what is the output of the SQL query:
SL No PID NAME
1 200 Sony
2 300 Microsoft
3 400 Apple
SQL > SELECT PID FROM PRODUCT1 UNION ALL SELECT PID
FROM PRODUCT2 ORDER BY PID;
- 100 200 300 400
- 100 200 200 300 400 400Correct Answer
- 200 300 400 100
- 400 300 200 100
In MySQL, which of these is used to drop the existing primary key from the table department created with the combination of the columns sel_id and city_id?
- "MODIFY TABLE department DROP PRIMARY KEY(sel_id ,city_id); "
- "UPDATE TABLE department DROP PRIMARY KEY(sel_id ,city_id); "
- "ALTER TABLE department DROP PRIMARY KEY(sel_id ,city_id); "Correct Answer
- "ALTER TABLE department ADD PRIMARY KEY(sel_id ;city_id); "
In MySQL, assume that you have the following tables PET and COLOR:
Which of these queries will you use to output the following table as the result:
petType petType petName petColor
Unicorn Horse Unicorn White
Unicorn Horse Unicorn Silver
- "SELECT * FROM Pet RIGHT JOIN Color ON Pet.petName=Color.petName"Correct Answer
- "SELECT * FROM Pet LEFT JOIN Color ON Pet.petName=Color.petName "
- SELECT * FROM Pet,Color WHERE Pet.petName = Color.petName
- None of these