The quality of online programming tests was up to the industry stadards. The candidates could easily relate to the platform and take test smoothly.
MakeMyTrip is one of the most sought-after travel websites in India. Understanding that talent is the key driver of a company’s success, MakeMyTrip wanted to hire some great full stack developers. Doing this was an uphill task.
Here’s the strategy that the company employed to increase the efficiency of its hiring process.
What is its story?
Founded in 2000, MakeMyTrip Inc. is considered to be the pioneer of online travel in India.
In August 2010, the company was listed on NASDAQ and went public, becoming the first Indian travel company to make a debut in the US market.
With more than 40 million users using MakeMyTrip regularly, it was vital for the company to keep the experience smooth and uninterrupted. The need to scale and disrupt was paramount. With rapid expansion, it faced the challenge of building a team of developers with superior skills. The leading travel company required a full stack developer to handle traffic on the website.
- MakeMyTrip was looking for a solution that would provide all the types of questions required to assess a full stack developer. This was not available in the assessment tool that was being used earlier.
- The cost, personnel, and time taken were high because MakeMyTrip had to conduct a technical interview because of an inadequate amount of questions to test the technical skills of a candidate.
- MakeMyTrip wanted to upload tailor-made customized questions to test a candidate based on different skills which were not possible in its previous mode of assessment.
Solution: HackerEarth Recruit
- Well-defined question library
MakeMyTrip was able to hire skilled candidates through one platform thanks to all the types of questions in HackerEarth’s library. This ensured that the recruitment process ran swiftly and efficiently.
- Increase in the number of candidates assessed
HackerEarth Recruit helped it to assess a large pool of candidates in a very short span of time.
- Diverse platform
HackerEarth Recruit allowed MakeMyTrip to assess candidates in 35+ different programming languages.
- Enabled to upload customized questions
MakeMyTrip was able to upload tailor-made questions based on its requirements.
- Advanced proctoring capabilities
Using the best-in-class proctoring capabilities, MakeMyTrip was able to administer a fair and unbiased test.
Scaling with HackerEarth Recruit
types of tests conducted
MakeMyTrip was very pleased with the support it received during the hiring process — be it in relation to queries or concerns about product usage or the increase in the conversion rates.
The company had successful hiring drives for various positions or functions, such as QA engineers, through campus hiring.