HackerEarth is a good platform for assessing students. It has a good user interface. The IP address restriction feature has made it more secure from an implementation point of view. The overall experience so far with the HackerEarth team is good.
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, CUIET
Chitkara University Institute of Engineering & Technology (CUIET) is a growing institution for undergraduate and postgraduate education. Engineering programs at CUIET have been consistently ranked among the top 50 in the country. Several organizations regularly participate in campus recruitment at CUIET including Infosys, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, HDFC, etc.
What is Chitkara's story?
The main challenge that CUIET faced with its earlier choice of talent assessment was the issue of cheating. The university was looking for a platform with advanced proctoring capabilities that was easy to use and secure.
Chitkara also had specific questions for students from different streams, which meant that the platform had to let them upload its own questions seamlessly.
- Best-in-class proctoring mechanisms to ensure fair assessments
- Effective use of manual effort and time
- Upload tailor-made questions
- Secure and easy-to-use online platform with 24/7 support
HackerEarth Recruit as a solution
- Easy-to-use: HackerEarth Recruit has a simple interface that is easy to navigate. Tests were created in 5 simple steps and multiple students were invited to take a test via email. This talent assessment platform also offered the automated evaluation of programming problems.
- Custom library: CUIET created various types of questions and saved these in its custom library. There is no restriction on the number of questions that can be created and saved. Questions were also reused in other tests.
- Sections: This feature helped two units of CUIET in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to conduct tests simultaneously. By using sections, each unit could give students tests with a different mix of questions.
- Advanced proctoring mechanism: HackerEarth Recruit’s IP restriction feature helped CUIET by allowing them to restrict a test to specific IP addresses only. Students were not able to access tests from unauthorized IP addresses. This brought down the number of cases of cheating drastically.
- Detailed reports: The platform provides detailed reports, which helped CUIET assess strengths and areas of improvement of the students. Reports were also downloaded in PDF and Excel formats to share with the students and for housekeeping.
Support from HackerEarth
HackerEarth provided a demo and basic training to CUIET’s employees who were quickly learned how to use Recruit. HackerEarth’s product specialist was available for any queries, feedback, and requirements that CUIET had.