Become a HackerEarth
in 3 simple steps
Fill in the form above
with all your details.
Take the assessment2
You are officially a HECA
if you pass the test!
Experience the HackerEarth advantage
engineering leaders at
Your responsibilities as
a HackerEarth Campus
Lead the HackerEarth community within your campus
Establish communication between HackerEarth & the coding communities
Drive registrations for ongoing client hackathons, coding events and practice sessions
Promote HackerEarth as an associate in your university’s technical fests
Network with the HackerEarth Campus Ambassador community by sharing resources, training material and feedback.
Become a HackerEarth Campus Ambassador today!
Frequently Asked Questions
For prospective HECAs
What is HackerEarth and what does it do?
HackerEarth is an organization that is committed to matching developers to the right opportunities across the globe. The mission of HackerEarth is to measure and organize the world’s technical skill data and to change the landscape of technical hiring across the globe. HackerEarth provides learning resources, practice questions, and interview preparation material so that the right candidate meets with the right opportunity. It also provides companies with technical recruitment tools and helps them to find the most suitable candidate for their requirements.
What is the HackerEarth Campus Ambassador Program?
HackerEarth Campus Ambassadors (HECAs) is a community of students from campuses across the globe who act as liaisons in connecting their peers to numerous opportunities available through HackerEarth. It is an interactive program where an individual learns management, leadership, and marketing skills from the industry’s best and gets a chance to work along with our team.
Why should I join the HackerEarth Campus Ambassador program?
You should join the HackerEarth Campus Ambassador program because you get to work along with the coolest team in the tech industry. You will get the much-needed exposure that will enhance your communication, management, and technical skills by managing events, and using your communications skills to effectively spread awareness about the platform within your campus.
As a HECA, you will be loaded with perks like a Certificate of Appreciation/Letter of recommendation, mentorship from the leaders at HackerEarth, networking opportunities, recognition of active Campus ambassadors on the company’s website, corporate mock interviews, and EXCITING GOODIES!
Who is eligible to participate?
If you are a coder by heart, would love to meet all our coding wizards across the globe, have good connections within the student fraternity, and want to enhance your leadership skills, you’ve come to the right place!
Students who have technical acumen and come from relevant academic backgrounds are welcome to participate.
How do I apply?
Just 2 simple steps!
1. Fill the details in the form
2. If you meet our eligibility criteria, there will be an assessment test to get to know you better.
Voila! As soon as you pass our assessment test, give yourself a pat on your back for officially becoming a HackerEarth Campus Ambassador!
How many hours do I need to spend per week to be a successful HECA?
We expect you to spend 2-3 hours per week to be a successful HECA and to be able to derive maximum benefit from this program.
What will be my responsibilities as a HECA?
- Be the face of HackerEarth and create awareness about HackerEarth in your campus.
- Be a part of the HECA community for networking, sharing resources, training, and feedback.
- Lead a HackerEarth community within your campus (eg: HackerEarth chapter or HackerEarth club) and use that channel as a digital tool for HackerEarth awareness and promotion
- Help establish communication between HackerEarth & your college's coding communities, clubs, and faculties/TPOs
- Onboard as many peers as possible for hackathons, coding events, leaderboard and practice sessions. You can even conduct a full-fledged programming challenge on the HackerEarth platform.
- Plug in HackerEarth as an associate in any technical fest that your college conducts or/and conduct your own pre-placement challenge on your campus through HackerEarth.
Do I get a certificate at the end of my tenure with HackerEarth?
Yes, after successfully completing your tenure with us, you will get a certificate from HackerEarth. If you perform well, we will also give you a letter of recommendation.
What is the duration of the HECA program?
The duration of the HECA program is 6 months.
Are there any cash incentives? Will I get paid?
No, we do not have any cash incentives, however, you will be loaded with perks like a Certificate of Appreciation/Letter of recommendation, mentorship from the leaders at HackerEarth, networking opportunities, recognition of active Campus ambassadors on the company’s website, corporate mock interviews and EXCITING GOODIES!
As some universities and colleges are proceeding with their academic courses in an online mode, how will the activities provided to the HECA be carried out?
All the HECAs will be given a responsibility sheet where they will map and update their progress against each responsibility. All these responsibilities can be carried out online as well.
Who can I contact if I have more questions?
Be it questions or new ideas, we would love to work together. You can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is there a predetermined responsibility sheet I can refer to?
Yes, once you become a part of our HECA program, you will be given a responsibility sheet. You will know exactly what to do and you will be required to map and update your progress against each responsibility on that sheet to be able to achieve different milestones.
Through these milestones you will get to be the face of HackerEarth and create awareness about HackerEarth in your campus, onboard as many peers as possible for hackathons, conduct and lead programming challenges on HackerEarth platform and many more such engaging activities.
I would like to know about the incentive plan.
The incentive plan is divided into 3 milestones, and for each milestone, you will receive a badge.
1. Bronze Badge (Milestone 1)
- Passed the assessment test
- Got access to HackerEarth platform and discord channel
- Networking opportunities with other HECAs
2. Silver Badge (Milestone 2)
- Completion of at least 70% of the responsibility sheet
- HackerEarth Certificate of Appreciation
- More Goodies
3. Gold Badge (Milestone 3)
- Going above and beyond with higher traction, engagement, and participation with 100%+ completion of the responsibility sheet
- Exclusive mentorship session with HE leadership (in person if possible)
- Recognition on the company’s website
- Letter of recommendation along with HE Certificate of Appreciation
- Goodies and more goodies!
What are my rewards?
- Certificate of Appreciation/Letter of recommendation
- Mentorship from the leaders at HackerEarth
- Exciting goodies
- Networking opportunities
- Recognition of active Campus ambassadors on the company’s website
- Corporate mock interviews
Will I get an opportunity to meet the HackerEarth leaders?
Yes, if you perform well, you will get an opportunity to meet our marketing leaders and ask questions directly to them!
How do I interact with other HECAs?
All the HECAs will have a common discord channel where they can interact and network. This channel will not dissolve once you leave, you will get a chance to be a part of HECA Alumni after your tenure with us and still enjoy networking opportunities.
Do I get a swag bag as a HECA?
YES! We have a lot of customized goodies in store for you!
Once I complete my tenure here at HackerEarth, will I still be connected to the HECA community?
Yes, you will be a part of HECA Alumni.
I loved being a HECA! Can I come back again?
HECA yes! If you perform well, we will be happy to extend your tenure for 6 more months.
I have been a HECA and would like to nominate a few friends for this program, can I refer them?
We totally trust your judgment, all HECAs are expected to refer at least 6 of their friends who they think can fill their shoes and become the next HECA of their campus!