SETTER: Manish

Predict the Happiness

Challenge Over

OPENS AT: Aug 30, 2017, 04:30 PM

CLOSES ON: Nov 30, 2017, 06:30 PM

DURATION: 92 days 2h


Social Share


Machine Learning for Beginners

With the promising spurge in job demand in data science and machine learning currently and years to come, this is probably the best time to take up data science as a career. Hard to believe ?

You would have recently come across innumerable online or offline courses ads launched by colleges and universities on data science. Why would it be ? Because, this demand is real. Companies are convinced that data analysis and predictive analysis can help them make better decision.

This challenge will help and encourage beginners to acquire the practical skill sets required by a data scientist. Focus will remain more on learning, writing more code and acquiring understanding of how it works.

Why should you participate ?

  • To improve your coding skills in machine learning
  • To get used to using deep learning models for text classification
  • To get an understanding of when to use which technique
  • To learn from the shared starter and advanced scripts

Who should participate ?

  • One who understand the basics of Statistics and Machine Learning Algorithms
  • One who can code in R or Python
  • One who likes to learn in a competitive environment


  • 1st Prize - USD 100
  • 2nd Prize - USD 50

Note: This challenge is mainly targeted towards beginners. Problem complexity is low. People who have secured rank in Top 10% in the any of our past machine learning challenges will not be eligible for the prize.


There are great prizes to be won

1st Prize

USD 100 

2nd Prize

USD 50 


  1. Your output will be evaluated only for 70% of the test data while the contest is running. Once the contest is over, output for the remaining 30% of the data will be evalua...


1. Who is a 'Beginner' eligible for the prize?

For this challenge, a participant will be considered as a beginner if:

  • the participants hasn't secured rank in top 10% in pa...
View All Notifications