Social Share


Deep Learning has revolutionized the healthcare industry by automating disease detection scans which were earlier done by humans. Not just with faster time, but also with a high degree of accuracy to detect diseases from human body scans. With access to pre-trained models, cloud, GPU resources, it's just a matter of time till we surpass deep learning benchmarks in the healthcare industry.

Chest x-rays are commonly used imaging tests to identify any abnormalities in the thorax. Although it may look simple for radiologists, interpreting these diagnostic tests requires good observational skills and an understanding of the principles of anatomy, physiology, and pathology. As a result, developing a cost-effective, automated technique that works for the range of diseases becomes difficult.

With recent advancements in the field of computer-aided detection and diagnosis (CAD) with deep neural networks, we are not very far from teaching a computer to read and process a massive number of scans to confirm the conclusions radiologists have arrived at and potentially identify other findings that may have been overlooked.

In this dataset, we provide over 100,000 anonymized chest x-ray images and their corresponding data. In the next 60 days, we challenge you to build prediction models better than industry benchmarks using available open source technologies.

Why should you participate?

  • To learn and use the latest open-source libraries and packages
  • To learn by working on live problems because it excites you more than learning from books and tutorials!
  • To build your fan following in our community
  • Of course, grab cash prizes

Who should participate?

  • Working professionals
  • Data Science/Machine Learning enthusiasts
  • College students (if you understand basics of predictive modelling)



  • In order to be able to claim your prizes, your HackerEarth profile must be more than 50% complete.
  • The prizes will be disbursed before the end of December.


There are great prizes to be won

1st Prize

USD 700 

2nd Prize

USD 500 


  1. When the contest is running, your output will be evaluated only for 30% of the test data. After the contest is over, your output for the remaining 70% of the test ...


Sample challenge

1. Can I participate in a sample challenge?

Yes, we recommend that you participate in our sample challenge.This challenge enables you to understand how to ...

View All Notifications