Winners are announced.
1. Do I need to pay any money to register for the Insurance Hack?
No. The registration to this event is completely free of cost.
2. Do I need to have any specific qualifications to be a participant for the Insurance Hack?
If you love to code and if you can build a solution around any business model from the Insurance and Wealth management industry, you are eligible to participate in the Insurance Hack.
3. How do I submit what I have made for the Insurance & Wealth management Hack?
You can submit your idea about your hack by explaining the solution and the business model on HackerEarth platform by forming teams. Post which, the shortlisted teams will be invited to Tieto's Pune Campus to hack their solution in a 24 hours’ hackathon.
4. Do we need to have the entire idea fully working?
Application or hack should be on the grounds of both Technical Innovation and Business Innovation. Hack developed could be a working component OR algorithm (demonstrable outcome). For the offline hackathon at Pune: The demo should be a working prototype.
5. Does one have to be online and available for the entire duration of the Hackathon?
For the idea submission phase, the idea must be submitted on HackerEarth. For the Hackathon at Pune, you can develop the application/solution on your local system based on the given themes at Tieto's Campus.
6. Since there is no specific technology mentioned, are there any restrictions on using number of pre-built libraries?
There is no restriction to use any language, technology stack, or libraries. You may use any of them to create the web/mobile application. Open source tools, platforms, APIs etc. are encouraged and recommended. Proprietary technology can be used as a component but cannot constitute the entire solution. Modern and disruptive technology trends such as Cloud, IoT, BigData, Analytics, Block-chain, Machine Learning, Robotics, AR & VR and Gamification must be leveraged.
7. Do I need to give a demo for the product that I have built?
Yes, the shortlisted teams are expected to provide a demo to the jury from Tieto during the Hackathon at Tieto's Pune Campus.
8. If it is a team submission, does that mean all team members will have access to work at the same time?
Yes, all team members can login from their account and do application submission on HackerEarth.
9. What is the expected team size for participating in the Insurance & Wealth management Hack?
The team size should range between 3-6 members per team. Minimum team size is 3 and maximum team size is 6.