|Experience||3 years+ exp|
HackerEarth is a tech startup based in Bangalore, India. We are disrupting the technical recruitment industry, and building the largest platform to engage with programmers around the world. Today there is no interesting place where programmers can interact and collaborate with each other, and most importantly do one thing that they absolutely love to do - write code. Being passionate programmers ourselves, this is a problem very close to our hearts and hence we are striving to solve it, and we are looking for great people to join us.
We love good design
We believe that for a product to be successful design is key to each and every decision and it goes hand-in-hand with business and technology. Designers have been intricately involved in our product since the day the idea was just college dorm room project and this has only strengthened over time. We work on the following philosophies
● Keep It Simple, Stupid!
● User is king!
● Decisions should be data-driven, qualitative to quantitative
● Collaboration is the key
Roles and responsibilities
As a Designer at HackerEarth, you will be involved in
● Creating workflows, wireframes, and beautifully polished visual mockups for new features and improving existing ones
● Working closely with developers to implement your designs
● Talking with users on a regular basis and make sure the product is always in tandem with user needs
● Owing projects from inception to completion (and beyond), working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements
● Ability to multitask, prioritize projects, communicate progress and expected milestones.
● Ability to create interface designs for complex product.
● Ability to create nice visual designs to keep the user happy and coming back.
● Proficiency in Photoshop/Illustrator/Omnigraffle
Good to have
● Experience designing interaction models that span multiple devices
● Familiarity with the agile development process
● HTML and CSS knowledge, current on latest design techniques
● Experience with user research
What we have to offer you?
● Complete creative freedom at work to experiment with your ideas
● Industry comparable salary and equity
● Really flexible hours
● If you are sick, just stay home
● Movie/Gaming night outs
● Unlimited supply of chocolates and snacks
You’re a perfect fit if
● You love solving problems than presenting deliverables.
● You are a curious soul and question assumptions
● You can communicate your design ideas and draw value out of the feedback
● You enjoy collaborating with other teammates (and I am not just talking about designers here)
● You want to talk to customers
● You are comfortable working with short iteration cycles
Who are we & why work with us?
An amazing team working on big problems We are a small passionate team of people who have worked at Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Monster, Times jobs and contributed to high-quality open source projects like Mozilla, Fedora, MINIX3, etc. Above all, we are a couple of geeks who love to hack and build interesting products and we invite you to be a part of it. Funded by Angelprime which is backed by some of the top Silicon Valley investors, HackerEarth is a rapidly growing tech startup. It was co-founded by Sachin Gupta, ex-Googler and his fellow IIT Roorkee graduate - Vivek Prakash in the dorm rooms of college. HackerEarth provides online technology recruitment products and solutions. In its one year of existence, HackerEarth has acquired hundreds of clients, including giants like Adobe, Symantec, Citrix, Inmobi, ThoughtWorks and many more.
HackerEarth is the hub for programmers to practice and improve their programming skills, compete in coding challenges/hackathons and showcase their profile. Businesses use HackerEarth to build developer relations and create a talent pipeline.
HackerEarth has built a proprietary code evaluation engine that allows programmers to write code in the browser and automatically evaluates it in real-time. HackerEarth regularly conducts a variety of hackathons ranging from basic domains like Algorithms to advanced concepts like AI and Machine learning. Based on the activity of the programmers, HackerEarth is able create an accurate skill graph for them, which is used to recommend jobs and other opportunities to programmers.