What is HackerEarth Recruit for Assessment?
HackerEarth Recruit for Assessment is an online skill assessment tool for conducting programming tests to evaluate developers. It saves the pain of going through hundreds of resumes, by automating the process of evaluating technical skills, , which helps to quickly filter the right candidates for interviews.
What does it help me do?
With the tool, you can
- Test candidates for programming skills and get detailed reports on the same.
- Funnel down on the best candidates using the auto-ranking mechanism and performance-based filters.
- Auto-generate tests from our well curated library of questions, specially designed to test technical candidates
What programming languages are currently supported?
- Objective C
What formats of questions are supported?
- Programming Questions
- Multiple-choice Questions
- Subjective Questions
- UI/UX Questions
What skill sets can assessed using the tool?
The tool can help you assess in proficiency in programming languages proficiency, technical knowledge in specific domains and expertise in any technical skills. Our exhaustive library of questions contains questions on a larger variety of technical topics.
Who can use this tool?
Anyone looking to hire developers can use the tool to streamline their recruitment process. Current users of our assessment platform include:
- Project Managers
- Technical Leads/CTOs
- Human Resource Managers
- Recruiting agencies
How are companies using HackerEarth?
Companies use the assessment tool to conduct campus placement drives and manage their lateral hiring process.
You can read how Symantec hired 100 developers in 6 months using HackerEarth
How can my organization benefit from it?
With HackerEarth, an organization can cut down their hiring cost and turn-around time on a successful hire.
- Saves time spent/work done on sifting through hundreds of resumes to filter out the right candidates
- Enables you to validate candidate skills through actual programming tests, hence reducing the dependence on resume.
- Eliminates unnecessary interviews, and saves the technical team's time by ensuring that only the best candidates are interviewed.
Why should I choose HackerEarth over other solutions in the market?
HackerEarth has been designed to enable you to conduct technical recruitment in the simplest possible way. We have a competitive advantage of providing you with the best of
- Content: Exhaustive library of questions to assess both aptitude and programming skills, ranging across multiple topics and difficulty levels.
- Reports and Analytics: Detailed reports that will give you an insight into candidate performance based on various test metrics. Smart analytics around the usage and recruitment activity to take actionable decisions for future recruitment needs.
- Infrastructure: A fault tolerant infrastructure that ensures every test is conducted in a smooth manner.
What do Test reports look like?
The test reports generated by the tool provide detailed insights into the candidate’s performance and overall test analytics.
For each test you can see a distribution of how candidates have performed in the test and how many candidates are above the cut-off. Additionally, you can also see a distribution of programming languages used by candidates to solve programming problems.
For each candidate you can see the detailed performance, per question
We also provide question-wise reports, that give an overview into how many candidates attempted a particular question and how many successfully solved it.
Do I have to download anything to use HackerEarth?
HackerEarth is a completely online cloud based solution. Neither you, nor the candidate taking the test has to download anything and both test creation and test attempt are performed in-browser.
Are there any measures provided for test-proctoring?
The test environment itself has built-in measures to validate candidate identity and prevent unfair activity.
- You can restrict the test access to specific candidates, and also password-protect your tests.
- Candidates cannot copy/paste or upload file while writing code in the code editor
- Every keystroke of the candidate is saved and can be played back for your reference.
- There is a plagiarism detection tool that detect cases of malpractice and cheating by evaluating code at opcode level.
- The platform has a candidate snapshoot feature using which candidate snapshots can be taken at random instances in order to determine the identity
How are programming problems evaluated?
Each programming question is automatically evaluated and scored in real-time based on the following criteria:
- Logical Correctness: Each question has a set of test cases. These test cases are designed to cover all possible scenarios that may occur in the problem statement. Typically some test cases are hard and some are easy, some work over large data sets and some cover corner cases.
- Code Execution Time: Code execution time is calculated by taking cumulative against each test case.
- Memory Used: For each test case the memory consumed by the code is recorded and used for scoring
- Semantic analysis: The platform does a semantic analysis of the code to give you a high level view on the code quality.
Individual code submissions are run independent of each other in a sandboxed Linux environment, so that one code does not affect the output of the other. This prevents malicious activity and helps in reporting precise metrics.
Is this really free?
You can try out our complete product and assess the first 15 candidates for free. For larger volume tests, you can purchase more invites or request a custom quote. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.