SHRM events are hosted to help you create better workplaces, solve real-time issues in an organization and keep you updated with the latest industry trends. These events give you some major insights on common HR challenges, helping you shift perspectives to create great workplaces.
We have compiled some of the major reasons for you to attend the SHRM 2019 Annual Conference and Exposition in Las Vegas:
- Network: This gathering is an ideal platform to meet fellow HR professionals and the benefits of networking alone are worth the investment. Through networking opportunities, you can meet and greet peers in your field with a common goal, creating a better workplace.
- Learn from experts: Receive exciting viewpoints and insights from industry pioneers about the current or forthcoming business atmosphere and the significant job of an HR.
- Stay up to date: The conference will help you keep up with administrative trends, policies, and workplace applications that’ll help you maintain your competitive advantage.
- Avoid legal risks: The sessions will help you keep abreast with all the latest industry changes and priorities. They will also provide you with tools, tips, assets, and resources that’ll help minimize your organization’s risk for litigation
- Navigate through real workplace issues effectively: The conference will undoubtedly leave you with some expert industry solutions for common HR challenges and help you create a better workplace.
You can also benefit from SHRM’s pre-conference offerings in the following ways:
- Educational programs: Given today’s rapidly changing perspectives and endless knowledge, there are always more layers to uncover. Benefit from leading strategies and innovative solutions shared during the course.
- Workshops: Delve deep into common HR challenges to find solutions and effective applications that would add value to your organization in today’s competitive business environment.
- SHRM’s senior leadership programs: These programs can help you develop leadership skills and give you a practical overview of your role in an organization. This is undoubtedly the right program for you to grow and get inspired. Learn more about the pre-conference here: https://annual.shrm.org/session-type/preconference-offering
All you need to do before attending the conference:
- Select the right session: Amongst the 200+ sessions being held at the SHRM conference, figure out which session(s) is the most beneficial for you and your organization; sessions that can provide you with solutions for all the challenges you are facing in your organization. These sessions cover employee engagement tactics, talent management, leadership, and communication skills. All of these are handled by speakers who are trusted and perceived for their expertise.
- Invest smartly: Try making your plans as cost-effective as possible. Register for the event before the rates shoot up, book your hotel rooms in advance, and keep your transportation costs in check. Every organization would vouch for an HR who is the most reliable and practical when it comes to recruiting and strategic planning. This is your chance to be one!
Also, don’t miss out on the complimentary lunches!
- Look through the exhibitor list: You can visit the exposition hall housing more than 600 vendors demonstrating various innovative products and services to meet your requirements. This is your chance to learn and discover solutions to common challenges in your organization.
- Convince your boss the right way: It is important for your boss to know all the details of the event and why exactly you want to attend it. Give him a list of all the sessions you are planning to attend and let him know how and why it’s worth the cost and your time. Also, don’t forget to mention about the exposition, coffee breaks, and lunches you’ll be benefiting from. You can use this handy Letter Template to put all of these details together in writing and make your best case for attending the SHRM Annual Conference 2019.
All the learning that you receive at the conference is going to be empowering. Make sure you share all of it with the entire team in your organization. Let them know you made the best out of the conference. Figure out and prepare an agenda that is needed and try implementing some solutions and applications to your organization’s common challenges. All the learning that you receive from the event is definitely going to contribute toward your strategies and long-term and short-term goals of your company.
You can take a glance at the SHRM conference schedule here.
- Air Travel: McCarran International Airport (LAS) is located directly east of Las Vegas Boulevard and south of Tropicana Avenue. Connecting hubs that provide the most frequent flights include Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Denver, San Francisco, and Dallas-Fort Worth. Hurry up and book your flight tickets now and avail all the possible offers!
- Taxi or Uber: Taxicabs, Uber, and other share rides are easily available at McCarran International Airport.
- Monorail: The Las Vegas Monorail takes you to the most happening hubs, restaurants, shows, shops, clubs, hotels, and casinos in minutes. There are seven stations located at MGM Grand, Bally’s/Paris Las Vegas, Flamingo/Caesars Palace, Harrah’s/The LINQ, Las Vegas Convention Center, Westgate Las Vegas, and SLS Las Vegas. The trains arrive every 4-8 minutes on:
Monday— 7am-12 am
Tuesday to Thursday— 7am-2 am
Friday to Sunday— 7am-3 am
Know the speakers before you meet them.
- Brené Brown: Author and Researcher— University of Houston
- Blake Mycoskie: Founder and Chief Shoe Giver— TOMS
- Vineet Nayar: Founder Chairman— Sampark Foundation
- Martha Stewart: Emmy Award-Winning Television Show Host, Entrepreneur, Bestselling Author
- Johnny C. Taylor, Jr., SHRM-SCP: President & Chief Executive Officer— SHRMHere’s a detailed list of all the speakers who are sharing their insights at the event.
Main agendas covered throughout the sessions:
- Workplace Strategy
- Business Acumen & Metrics
- Global HR
- Compensation & Benefits
All the sessions:
The conference involves more than 200 sessions organized into two kinds, Concurrent and Mega sessions. Here’s the day wise breakdown of all the sessions:
Go ahead and shortlist the sessions that are the best fit for your organization!
SHRM19 Events App:
Your shortcut to all the details of the SHRM Conference 2019! Here’s a step by step guide to download the app:
Tuesday Night Show with Lionel Richie!
Don’t miss out on your free dose of entertainment on Tuesday, the 25th of June!
This is your time to relax and enjoy the concert featuring Lionel Richie, The legendary singer, songwriter, and producer.
With this, we complete the HR Guide to SHRM 19 Annual Conference and Exposition. Make sure you come to meet us at the booth no. 1024 in the exposition hall where you stand a chance to win a Microsoft Surface Pro among many other interesting prizes. Hope to see you there!