What’s their story?
Chitkara University Institute of Engineering & Technology (CUIET) is a growing institution for undergraduate and postgraduate education. The engineering programs at CUIET have consistently been ranked within the top 50 engineering programs in India. Multiple organizations regularly participate in campus recruitment at CUIET including Infosys, Wipro, Tech Mahindra, HDFC etc.
The main challenge that CUIET faced with their earlier talent-assessment choice was the issue of cheating. They were looking for a platform with advanced proctoring capabilities that was easy to use and secure.
They also had specific questions for students from different streams, which made it necessary that the platform that they chose allowed them to upload their own questions seamlessly.
- Best-in-class proctoring mechanisms to ensure fair assessments
- Effective use of manual effort and time
- Upload tailor-made questions
- Secure and easy-to-use online platform with 24/7 support
HackerEarth Recruit as a solution
- Easy-to-use: HackerEarth Recruit has a simple interface that is easy to navigate. Tests were created in 5 simple steps and multiple students were invited to take a test via email. This talent-assessment platform also offered the automated evaluation of programming problems.
- Custom library: CUIET created various types of questions and saved these in their custom library. There is no restriction on the number of questions that can be created and saved. Questions were also reused in other tests.
- Sections: This feature helped 2 units of CUIET in Punjab and Himachal Pradesh to conduct tests simultaneously. By using sections, each unit could give students tests with a different mix of questions.
- Advanced proctoring mechanism: HackerEarth Recruit’s IP restriction feature helped CUIET by allowing them to restrict a test to specific IP addresses only. Students were not able to access tests from unauthorized IP addresses. This brought down the number of cases of cheating drastically.
- Detailed reports: The platform provides detailed reports, which helped CUIET assess strengths and areas of improvement of their students. Reports were also downloaded in PDF and Excel formats to share with the students as well for housekeeping.
Support from HackerEarth
HackerEarth provided a demo and basic training to CUIET’s employees who were quick in learning how to use Recruit. HackerEarth’s product specialist was available for any queries, feedback, and requirements that CUIET had.
Scaling with HackerEarth Recruit
Try HackerEarth Recruit to hire great developers now